All traffic is not the same.
Some audiences are more prone to converting than others. Some may not be interested in your services or products at all.
Essentially, the traffic quality of your site plays a significant role in its conversion rate. Appropriate traffic with the correct expectations is important.
In this guide, we talk about some of the best ways to get high-quality traffic to your website or blog – In short, website traffic that converts.
5 Most Converting Traffic Sources That You Should Use
Conversions do not happen on their own. You have to try your best to target audiences you know are interested in the services and products you provide. Here are some sources from where you can get traffic that converts:
SEO Search Traffic To Your Blog
Blogging is the most obvious option. Your blog may be getting a lot of traffic, but it is important to make sure it converts just as well. Some strategies you can employ to ensure this includes:
- An audience that trusts you will like you and would most likely be interested in buying from you. There is no better way to gain confidence than adding value to your blog.
- Add prominent CTAs (Call To Actions) so they can get more information regarding the services and products you provide.
- Publish a free How To guide that your visitors can download in exchange for their email.
You can make use of tools like Google Analytics and the Google Search Console to determine the keywords that are helping drive conversions the most. You will be provided with a thorough report. The things you can do with this information include:
- Once you know the keywords that convert better, find other such terms (long-tail keywords). Long-tail terms are highly specific, low volume queries that convert well. This is because when customers search for a very specific phrase, they are generally looking for exactly what they want.
- Insert these keywords in the sales copy. So when people find you using these phrases, your site will be considered more relevant and is more likely to drive conversions.
Guest Blogging For Traffic
Guest blogging involves finding a site that already has a huge following and taking advantage of it to drive all this traffic to your website through convincing writing.
Writing takes a lot of time, so it is important to make sure you are guest blogging smartly. Determine your target audience. What kind of things are they interested in? Which blogs do they read?
After all, you can easily get large amounts of traffic but if you want this traffic to convert, you need to publish your writings on a blog with a following that may be interested in your products and services.
Relevancy is crucial. What use would it be to get an article about SEO published on a food blog? There needs to be an audience overlap.
Also, make sure you stand out. In a world full of bloggers, what makes you different? What can you contribute to the blog? Is it an unpublished venue? A particularly interesting perspective? Special access to people or things? Make sure you can offer something extra to readers beyond simply your own content.
Social Media Traffic
Want to drive sales AND generate fresh leads? Social media is the answer.
It makes convincing easier as you can directly communicate with your audience.
As suggested by the name, all you need to do is be “social”. Make and publish content that sparks the interest of your audience. Something they would click on to read, listen to, watch, and share. Here are some things that can help:
- Knowing your audience
- Consistently engaging and staying active
- Utilizing user-generated content to build trust
- Paid ads
- Providing outstanding customer support
- (optional but very effective) Publish funny cat videos 😻
Online Communities And Forums
Forums are generally not the first thing that comes to mind when people talk about getting quality traffic. It may be surprising but they are one of the best sources for targeting potential customers, especially if you don’t want to do SEO.
You will find communities of people with similar interests and ideas. Find people whose interests fit your product/service and you would have hit the jackpot.
A positive discussion about your business in a thread can lead to high-quality traffic that converts, and thereby increased sales.
Forum marketing means truly involving yourself in the community– by giving your input in discussions and helping people without expecting something in return. Initially, this may seem like too much work but once you see the results, you will realize it is worth it.
Google Ads Traffic
Obviously this traffic is one of the most targeted and high converting traffic that you can get. Google Ads allows you to target your audience by keyword, topic, interests, demographics, and more, so you can be sure that the people who see your ads are people who are interested in what you have to say or sell.
But it is dependent on many factors, including the relevance of the ads to the keywords being searched, the quality of the landing page, and the overall relevance of the ad campaign to the products or services being offered.
Nothing can be worse than paying for an ad that does not convert. Here are some tips that can help you avoid this:
- Make sure both the post-click and pre-click messages match (ad copy is the same as landing page copy)
- Make offers that direct audience to the respective landing pages (avoid directing any PPC traffic to your website’s home page)
- Picking a relevant keyword is important. When people search for something, they will be shown ads with that keyword.
For instance, putting up a single ad, using it for twenty varying keywords, and making the homepage its landing page is just a waste of money.
Another major reason why many ads do not convert is that people post ads that direct traffic to their website, but the ad does not relate to the landing page copy. There is an instant disconnect. The audience loses interest.
If you put a lot of money into advertising, utilize dynamic landing pages. Here the landing page copy will change depending on the copy of your ad.
Of course, other factors such as the price of the offer and how interesting it is, etc. should also be taken into account. It is not one thing or the other; it all matters.
How To Convert Website Traffic Into Sales?
There are many ways to convert website traffic into sales.
The most important thing is to have a clear and effective sales funnel in place. This will ensure that visitors are able to easily find the products or services they are looking for and that they understand the value proposition. Once this is in place, you can
- offer a discount or special promotion to visitors who make a purchase within a certain period of time.
- Create a sense of urgency by offering a limited-time only sale.
- You can also increase conversions by providing a free shipping offer or a free gift with purchase.
- It is also important to have an effective call to action on each page of the website. This will encourage visitors to take the next step in the sales process.
- Finally, you must track conversions and optimize the website based on conversion data. By doing this, you will be able to continually improve the sales performance of your website.
Pulling in traffic to your site that has a high conversion rate is an absolute necessity. This is what’s going to allow your website to grow and prosper.
One thing you must never lose is the focus of its relevance. The offers you are making, be it in the form of advertising or other content, have to match your target audience’s interest.
Does anyone want to have a fiasco of irrelevant content suddenly forced upon them? No, of course not.
You can experiment to see what works and doesn’t, but overall, optimization is extremely necessary.
Find out what method works for you and stick to it.
And you? What’s your favorite strategy to drive traffic to your website?