A business can not grow if it is not able to take its clients into account. A direct connection between the clients and the business is very important.
This is why reviews are so helpful. They get you direct responses that can be worked into your system quickly.
Aweber is a service that does this just right and we are going to show you how to use it. It lets you run a string of nicely written emails that act as a catalyst for your marketing campaign.
You can decide if you want to take their services under your arsenal after this or not.
How to make an Aweber account
Setting up an account is no hassle. Just follow the steps below…
- You go on their website.
- Click “Start your free trial of Aweber now.”
- This will redirect you to a signup page.
- Fill in all your details carefully.
- Then you will be made to choose a package. (More on this later.)
- After you have chosen your package, a verification email will be sent to your account.
- Open your email address and verify this link by clicking on it in the email you have received.
- After this, you will be prompted to a page that tells you to fill in the details of your website.
- After filling up the form, click next.
- Now you can set up your very first list. This contains information about the people that will be receiving your emails. Fill in this list and click next.
- You can now outline the first email your clients are going to receive after signing up for your email list.
And that is it. Your account has been set up! Keep reading and you can figure out how you can set auto-responses to emails that you receive!
Choosing the right package
We would advise you to start the free trial before you decide which package you want to go with.
This is important, especially for new users.
Picking the right package is tricky. You might not know your own needs and end up with the wrong package. The trial is the best way you can figure things out for yourself and it does not even cost a dime.
The package you choose will depend on the number of subscribers you have or are hoping to achieve.
Packages with a much higher reach will cost more than ones with a lesser reach. Plan your marketing strategy carefully and choose a package that is the most cost-efficient. This would be easy if you have used a similar service before. You would know your reach and be able to pick the best package according to it.
Setting up Aweber Autoresponder
Doing this is easy once you have an account on Aweber. Follow the steps below and you’ll get done with it in no time!
- Hover your mouse above the messages tab and select “Campaigns.”
- You will be prompted to a new window. Here, you will click on “Create a new campaign” and after, on “Create a blank campaign.”
- Tile your campaign.
- Choose “on subscribe” as the trigger response.
- Drag “Send a message” from the sidebar into the center of the page.
- On the right, you will see “create a message.” Click on it. Select the drag and drop builder.
- Hit templates and it’ll open a menu of templates for you to choose from. Pick one that looks the best or fits your business needs. Or even both!
- If you can’t find a template that fits you, you can also use the drag and drop menu to set up an email for yourself.
- You can also customize the template with the drag and drop menu.
- Once you’re finished designing your email hit preview. This is what your email is going to look like once sent. You can save this design as a template for future use too.
- To test this email, you will be prompted to enter an address that will receive a test email. Once received and checked, if it fits your demands click on save and exit on the bottom right.
And that is it. Your autoresponder has been set up.
Linking Aweber to your WordPress
You’ve got everything in place, you only need to plug in your WordPress account into Aweber to allow it to pull emails through your site.
Log into your WordPress account and hit plugins. Then click on add plugin. Either manually find or search “Aweber Web Form Plugin.” Install this plugin and activate it.
Once this is finished, open the settings tab in the Aweber plugin menu. A new window will open.
Hit “Click here to get your authorization code.” A new window will open. Fill in your Aweber login details and hit allow access. A new window will open.
You’ll find some code here that is required for linking your WordPress and Aweber. Copy this and paste it in the last window. Then hit make a connection.
Now you can select the list you want people to subscribe to. Customize the promo-text. This is what is going to be visible to your clients. Then hit save.
On your WordPress toolbar click hover above appearance and then hit widgets. Find Aweber Web Form and drop it to wherever you want it to appear. Hit save. Log into your site and see if this form has appeared or not.
And that was all. Your Aweber and WordPress accounts have been linked.
Over time you will get better at using this tool and you will be able to make your page look even nicer!
Congratulations, you have finished up setting up your Aweber account, created an autoresponder, and connected your Aweber and WordPress account all in one go!
We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you think we left something out, feel free to tell us in the comments below. Let us know if the guide helped you as well. Cheers!