Regardless of the quality of content, if it doesn’t get viral, it’s useless.
Don’t you know? Through tactful use of social media channels, you can explode your blog’s traffic no matter how new or old it is. That’s what 66% of content marketers believe and implement for content promotion.
Just think about it for a moment.
Why should people waste time searching your blog when they can find relevant data through notifications on their smartphones?
Whether it is a new blog you want to boost traffic for or the old one that never got the kind of attention it needed, these quick actionable social media tips will help multiply your blog’s traffic.
Boost Your Blog Traffic: Basic Rules
Rule – 1:
Firstly, go to Facebook and create your page. This page will work as an anchor. Make sure all your blog posts must be shared on it. Obviously, you need to promote the page to get genuine readers. While you can always use Facebook Ads, these creative ways will be quite useful in increasing your reach without spending a penny on these Ads.
Rule – 2:
Explore other channels; like Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram where you think you can get the right audience for your blog post. In his article, Rich Brooks shared how you can use social media to locate your audience. It’s a great post that can be listened to as well.
Rule – 3:
Once you’ve located your audience, create an account on high-yielding platforms for inviting them and sharing your content regularly. Since there will be quite a few channels, a good social media management tool will take care of your posting activities. Even then, we’d recommend not to go beyond 3 – 4 top platforms in terms of audience, because you’ll have to respond to their comments to engage them.
Rule – 4:
This one should be right on top, but we saved it as our boiling point – The Content. We’ve divided this part into subcategories for better understanding.
- Research as much as you can to understand the ins and outs of your niche.
- Create evergreen content like How-to guides, Case studies, List-based content, etc.
- Don’t miss an opportunity to add images, Gifs, videos, and the likes to make your posts more engaging.
- Always add relevant links (internal or external) to bring authenticity to your posts. Authority links always help in ranking.
- Make your content easy-to-share, especially if it’s a video or infographic. Add social sharing buttons on popular platforms where you already have an active account.
- Don’t forget to make interesting parts of your posts tweetable. In fact, add helpful tweets to save readers’ time.
- Always create a post with a motive to help your audience. By thinking like them, you’ll be able to find ideas for your posts.
- Make sure your content is optimized for all mobile devices, especially smartphones.
Platform-Wise Content Marketing Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic
Once you’re done with all the basic rules, it’s time to focus on marketing your content on different channels, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.
So, let’s dive in!
- Always take your time on images and copies.
- Don’t go for high volume, instead, stick to quality and consistency.
- Keeping your posts short is a great thing, but you can always think about adding attention-grabbing sentences from your blog post to make it irresistible.
- You can increase post engagement by using Facebook’s Page Post Target service that allows you to choose a smaller group of audience for better targeting.
- Always check impacts on your posts to learn how the audience reacted.
- Limit your Tweets to 1-3 hashtags. Or create your own hashtag and link it to your marketing campaign.
- Always be consistent. The tone should be consistent too.
- Always tweet original content from your blog and other blogs (occasionally) while keeping an eye on the content that got higher shares.
- Create a LinkedIn company page with all important details. It’ll be a great place to share information related to your niche, whether your own blog posts or industry-related news and data.
- Your team can connect to your page via their personal LinkedIn profiles and serve as a source for others.
- Don’t over-share the content. Highly quality content is an exception though. In fact, it will be great if you share the highest quality content on this particular platform.
- LinkedIn offers group discussions as a way to increase your reach. So, participate in these discussions actively.
- You can also bring in recommendations from your customers. It’s a way to get a renewable source for sharing user-generated content. But keep it steady all the time.
Using YouTube or Vimeo
- Create videos that can be easily shared and embedded.
- If you cannot afford professional videos all the time, make sure your homegrown videos are perfectly mashed with professional ones.
- Use demonstrations instead of verbal explanations in your videos.
- If the content is long enough, break it into a series of short videos. Keep them less than one minute so that your viewers don’t get bored.
- Snippets of content can be more meaningful compared to single-shot videos.
- Google+ is great for creating attractive pages. So, always use images from your blogpost to gain attention.
- Use ‘+’ sign or hashtags to gain attention. Hashtags help discover your content on Google+ while ‘+’ sign is a way to appeal to brands and individuals.
- Reposting older posts or pulling out posts from your team members is also a way to market your blogposts on Google+
- Google+ is a great place to post long-form content or mini-blog posts.
- If it’s a beauty blog, parenting blog, or anything related to women, then Pinterest should be your first choice. Otherwise, it won’t be as effective.
- Share your videos or images using the ‘Pin’ feature.
- Pinterest lets you create boards to highlight your loyal customers, visitors and subscribers.
- You can write an E-book and share it as a book recommendation with your audience.
- With Instagram, you can easily post images featured on your website or blogposts.
- You can share inside images of your company to let your followers see how you work.
- Promote your blogpost with visual content because such posts on Instagram means better engagement and higher conversion.
- Instagram also lets you promote your top customers. You can ask them to share their images with your brand and feature these images on your Instagram page.
Other Platforms To Boost Your Blog Traffic
- You can use these platforms to get content ideas, and the content itself. Most of the time, the questions garner very helpful sources, industry researches, and case studies. You can include them in your content to make it unique and worth reading.
- On the other hand, if you find questions related to your niche, this is the time when you can share your blog’s content that will not only attract the original answer-seeker but other readers, too.