This post aims to target tips, tricks, and strategies for email marketing for beginners
Online marketing is a refined approach every business has to take, in order to succeed online. With consumer’s shift on different devices to purchase products, businesses have gotten active in content creation, PPC campaigns, social media marketing, and email marketing.
In this article, you will finds out:
- Why is it so popular?
- Why is it still so powerful?
- How to create email marketing campaigns?
- Which types of campaigns exist today?
And of course, we’re going to share Tips From The Pros to help you follow the entire process.
So, let’s move on to the basics first.
Email Marketing For Beginners
In the process of email marketing, you, as a business, reach out to customers and subscribers who have shared their email addresses with you.
So, the process of email marketing involves:
- Acquiring email address of the prospects with their consent,
- Send emails of different types to promote your business
And the cycle continues.
The goal is to build as many addresses as possible to expand your reach.
Email marketing’s effectiveness is based on the customer’s intent to buy (or willing to buy) your products, which is why you get his email address. It’s just a matter of some good, attractive deals to convert them.
It’s fair to conclude, email marketing is a compelling strategy bearing a high conversion rate, and you should be learning it.
Email Marketing is a Must-Have tool
Regardless of nature; an e-commerce shop, a brick ’n’ mortar business, SaaS, or any other service, email marketing has a reason to be part of your marketing strategy.
- Email marketing, with all types of campaigns, is a growth strategy that builds your business and turns it into an influential brand.
- It’s a cost-effective approach to build your clientele, as well as keep a list of prospects with whom you can share product promotions.
- Since, smooth growth takes time and effort, not necessarily a financial investment, a continuously growing email list will help you get supporters and brand ambassadors free-of-cost.
- By building a community comprising of well-wishers and returning customers, you’ll be able to implement a practically viable and cost-effective marketing strategy, and can measure results based on predefined performance indicators.
A handful of jaw-dropping email marketing stats should be convincing enough to prioritize email marketing over any other digital marketing technique. Now, let’s get to the next phase…
Your Email Marketing Goals
Email campaigns are of different types with different purposes:
- You may want to bring your customers back to your website – by showcasing content, more products or services, or
- You may want to introduce yourself with invitation announcements.
Knowing the purpose of your email campaign depends a lot on the options you have. So, when you start on a particular campaign, you should be aware of your needs.
Here are the most common and successful email strategies.
What Email Marketing Campaign Strategy Suits You
After analyzing your goals, you can choose from the list of email types given below:
Attributed to the e-commerce industry, email offers benefit customers who made it to your email list. With email offers, you not only give your customers discount opportunities but also make them think they’re special for you. In return, you’re likely to sell your items and collect qualitative feedback and testimonials, to draw non-subscribers onto your website.
If your website generates revenue from ads, you can utilize newsletters to inform your customers of new products. Email newsletters build and stabilize traffic growth, and increase your ranking as well.
You can also invite the whole mailing list to participate in an event you’re holding to increase awareness of your product/service or the project you’re starting. It may also be a webinar. An awareness message combines features of the above two types. On the customer end, it’s about simply watching and observing what you do or sell, or purchasing.
Based on customer retention, this email marketing strategy works when you want all your subscribers to know what exactly you’re selling and how it can help them improve upon their present self. Announcements are best for service providers – software developers, banks, and others – to increase the chances of conversion.
You’ll be sending these emails repeatedly to those who left their shopping carts in the middle. These are reminders to customers who couldn’t finish their purchases due to any reason. Trigger emails have a proven track record of reducing cart abandonment ratio and they also help you manage your inventory efficiently. By setting up a proper system of automated trigger emails, you can increase customer conversion rates steeply.
You can incorporate different types of emails and create a cycle based on your goals and problems you’re facing in sales conversion. As said, an effective and optimized email marketing strategy accounts for huge sums of revenue.
But before we move on to the optimization stage, we recommend some ways to grow your list of subscribers.
Collecting Email Subscribers
Here’s a quick look at how you can collect subscribers in several different ways:
- By offering free-gift in exchange for an email address – an eBook, special discount, or any other incentive.
- By reminding visitors: you can do so by running a banner on the top, or through at the bottom right corner. You can also use social networks to notify people and ask them to share their emails. Make sure that the user can subscribe on any page.
- By making the ‘Subscribe’ button noticeable; so that people can see it easily and click on it. Try different and contrasting colors to get their attention.
- By giving easy Opt-in forms; remove irritation at subscribers end with fewer fields. Forms should be simple and easy-to-understand. The name and email address would be enough in the first stage. Then you can send a more detailed form to get to know your customers more.
- By grouping subscribers; based on the demographics you can set the tone of your email according to your customers’ tastes, and also, be more specific about their needs.
- By incorporating popups; you can make use of welcome and exit popups to ask for customers’ contact information. These two-line frames offer a quick and easy way to share primary contact details, and thereby, improve your conversion rate.
Now, let’s go to the most important phase of email marketing
Creating A High-Converting Email
Email marketing experts provide their insight on each and every aspect of the email. By following these tips, you’ll be able to come up with compelling emails for any type of campaign.
The majority of emails with poor subject lines end up in the trash. So, be creative and test your email titles beforehand, so that customers feel compelled to open them.
Experts believe the reading time is more important than length. Of course, if the content is captivating, time, or length don’t count at all. Regardless of the length, the message should be single, simple, and easy-to-grab.
Avoid complex sentences and vocabulary when you can use simple language to deliver your message. Here are a few examples of complex sentences that you should avoid.
Due to their appealing and attractive nature, images have become inevitable for all content promotion approaches. But make sure, your images fit perfectly on your subscriber’s email window since most people will be viewing them on mobile devices.
By giving this option you’re actually giving freedom of choice. You can be a bit creative with the unsubscribe button and save yourself from being unsubscribed.
Your Call-to-Actions must be clear and stand out from the remaining content. Most willing subscribers don’t often waste time in reading all the stuff, and look for the CTA.
That’s an old-school principle, not to present yourself as a company. Use employee name, email address, and contact information. This is a more practical approach and it is digestible for the receiver as well.
Always send your email based on the specific problem of your subscriber. By focusing on their problems, you’re actually giving them importance. In return, you may win them.
Email authentication is a safety measure that protects you from being perceived as spam, and being replicated. Plus, it will build confidence in customers that you’re a serious business.
Landing page Optimization
Also make sure that the landing page where your customer will land upon clicking the CTA, must be optimized, straightforward, and clear. That will reduce the time to convert. Don’t make a mistake of directing your customer to the homepage, unless you’re selling just one service and your homepage features a complete conversion funnel.
Finally – Use the Right Tools
Finally, you should be using helpful tools to build your list, automate the process of sending emails, and keep testing your performance. There are a number of email automation and marketing tools to invest in in order to create highly effective email campaigns.